Thursday, April 7, 2022

Elden Ring

    I recently purchased a game called Elden Ring for the PlayStation 5. The game comes from the creators of the "Souls" franchise which is from a Japanese gaming company called From Software. These games are known for their extreme difficulty. The game was recommended from a friend who said: "you're not a real gamer unless you play souls". I have never played a game like this and although I have had little to no time to play due to other responsibilities, I can say it is difficult and unlike other games I have played. The enemies in this game are more intelligent and aggressive. So far I played for less than one hour and have gotten killed a number of times by simple enemies like giant rats or some simple knights. I can see how frustrating this game can be and I think I understand the meme "git gud", which is exactly what you have to do in this game because above all skill is the most important thing. Unlike other RPG's you can't just level your character to the highest level and then cheese your way through the game. Has anyone played a game like this? Do you enjoy difficult games?

   

12 comments:

  1. I used to play videos games. Haven't done so for years now. The last PlayStation I played on was PlayStation 1 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to play Tomb Raider for hours; every game in the series. It was maddening, with all the traps, stunts, etc. Sometimes it would take weeks to make it through some of the really difficult levels.

    It was infuriating and, yet, totally addicting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boyfriend has been playing Elden Ring so much since he got it earlier in the month. He got elden lord like 4 times already and he just keeps replaying with different weapons and skills.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I haven't played anything like that. I haven't played video games since high school

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting! I've heard good things about that game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great game, 10/10! Not a PlayStation fan though, always been a Nintendo and XBOX fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I'm not a gamer I tried, it's just not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate that mentality of communities where they'll preach that you aren't apart of it if you haven't done x, y, z. I think the souls games are a fantastic genre/franchise but I think its bred a weird demographic of players who act elitist due to their experience with video games. They're aren't any more of gamer than someone who plays Stardew Valley, Minecraft, or mobile games.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No, video games do not really interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually really like this game! Super fun and very difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been watching my boyfriend play Elden Ring and it looks fun to play, but I can't play it because it will enrage me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not played that game before. It is good that you can challenge yourself in the difficult games.

    ReplyDelete