Thursday, March 31, 2022

Threaded Discussion: 5.8 Displaying Data in Charts

    What I learned in Excel is how to utilize charts to display data. I was not proficient in Excel at all prior to this course and have had coworkers in the past create charts to display vehicle and communication statuses in the Army. Now I fully understand how to take information from a table and convert it into an easy to read chart. Charts are also aesthetically pleasing and displays data in a more organized way. With this knowledge I plan to use charts to organize data to help be more organized with jobs in the field of Computer and Information Technology.

12 comments:

  1. Display data in charts is important as it makes large amount of numbers digestible to audience :-) Some say making data digestible is be more important than the precision or accuracy of the data as if the data is not easily digestible, it doesn't matter if the data is precise or even accurate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't aware of the full range of options concerning charts available in Excel until completing LabSim's spreadsheet chapter. The aesthetic options in particular are nice; so many different ways to visually convey information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Data charts was fun so many features

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, charts are very handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree they will put data together and make it aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also wasn't proficient with excel prior to this unit, but its all extremely useful and interesting to have learned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Data charts were tedious to learn but once I knew how to properly use them, I found how useful they are.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Using charts to display data is great way to visually represent data.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charts in excel is super useful for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charts can be very useful. I love learning new excel tips to use and make data clearer. Beyond the charts I also recently got into pivot tables and adding filters to change what data is being viewed. Overall, excel is an underrated Microsoft tool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charts is a very useful tool. I find it interesting how things come together once you are familiar with the application. This is a tool I would love to use consistently in the future.

    ReplyDelete