Saturday, February 19, 2022

Travel

    Over the past years of my life I have traveled quite a bit. I have been to many States including; Nevada, California, Utah, Oregon, Washington, North and South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana. I have also visited many countries to include; Mexico, South Korea, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Czech, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, and Estonia. I have also lived in a few of these places. It is great experiencing different cultures and trying different foods. Many of my friends have never traveled outside of just Nevada and California. The reasons I believe is procrastination, fear, and being tied down by material things. Many Americans live paycheck to paycheck because we often find ourselves wanting to live beyond are means. We want the newest car and the newest phone, or we want the nicest house and get stuck working so much to have all of it. We are also a country of debt as we use credit cards to get the things we cannot afford.

    In my honest opinion experiences will always triumph over material things. Buying something new may make you feel good at first, but that feeling will fade and soon you will want to fill that void again with another purchase. It is sad to hear when people wait until old age (retirement) to really explore this beautiful world. Some never end up leaving their hometown. Traveling is not a scary thing, get your passport and plan a trip somewhere, you will not regret it. Traveling will open your mind about the world. My favorite thing about traveling is the food. If you have never gone to Mexico to try real tacos, you are missing out. I plan on taking to my family to Japan next. I want to see Super Nintendo World and see all the cool anime and video game stuff they have. I also want to see the beautiful nature they have and eat up all the Japanese cuisine I can. Life is more than just Las Vegas. Go out and explore and have fun.

13 comments:

  1. You are well traveled, Dimas :-)

    I definitely agree about traveling opens one's mind as you see things or experiences from different perspectives!

    Of all the places you traveled to, any of them stand out in your mind or heart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. South Korea for sure, my South Korean family fled South Korea and went to Mexico due to the Japanese occupation of the Koreas in the early 1900s. A few even fought during the Mexican revolution, but most ended up traveling to Cuba because of the business opportunities. This was pre Castro regime. My dad was born and raised in Cuba and when he was a teenager the Castro regime took over and ruined everything. He eventually left for a better life in the United States. The rest of our family remained in Cuba and since he never stayed in contact we have lost any connection to them. I have never met any of my Korean side family due to this. So when I was sent to Korea in the Army and lived there for a year I really got a chance to be the first one in my family to return to South Korea in 100 years. I enjoyed my time there. It is a beautiful country, the food is the best and the party scene is wild. Mexico also has the best food and is a very inexpensive trip. Go eat some tacos.

      Delete
  2. That sounds like it must of been fun, the only times I moved around state to state was when I was younger and still with my family. I'd love to travel though, once I'm rich I'm definitely doing a world tour or something lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really do want to go on a trip around all the Asian countries. Especially South Korea and Japan. I want to go to their Universal World for some of their anime rides and of course the food culture in Japan! I have been living in Las Vegas my whole life and there is definitely more. I hope to escape and move somewhere else when I can be financially independent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan on traveling after my graduation. I want to take the world in and explore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love travelling also. I enjoy seeing new places, meeting people, learning different culture and lifestyle. Traveling is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Experiences will always triumph over material things" is a line more people could benefit from understanding, I think.

    The fixation right now on acquiring wealth and "things" at the expense of all else is toxic, and detrimental to people at large. People should always strive for new experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Traveling is amazing. I would love to travel the world one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree traveling is wonderful. experiencing new culture,food and just the atmosphere is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not been out of the country yet. I do have my passport and I had a trip planned then COVID happened. I now have a trip to Mexico planned for the summer. I am very excited to travel the world. my wife and I have been working on downsizing and, living a more minimalistic lifestyle so that we can achieve more of our traveling goals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I share similar sentiments regarding material things and experiences. I don't like to undermine the value of material things, because it isn't my place to judge how others might value different things. I wish I could travel, but I don't really have the affluence to support that kind of lifestyle right now, but one day I will.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to visit Louisiana, mainly for the food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to travel more and I agree I think its more satisfying to spend your money on experiences than material items.

    ReplyDelete