Saturday, February 12, 2022

Threaded Discussion: HTML, CSS, and JavaScript Facts

     What I learned in Chapter 2 is the topic of  Hypertext Markup Language, Cascading Style Sheets, and JavaScript. These web design languages all play a significant role in web designing on the front end side of websites. HTML is used to create the content and structure of a website. CSS gives websites their look and feel. JavaScript is used to make webpages interactive. On the back end of programming a website is where other things such as security and payment options are added to a website. It was an interesting topic to learn about as I didn't know much about the languages that are interpreted by the web browser to create the content I see on the screen.

12 comments:

  1. Very glad to see you learned from Chapter 2 the role of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript each plays in a webpage :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a little bit of experience with HTML and CSS, no Java (yet).

    HTML is very slick, and actually kind of fun to use.

    CSS, on the other hand, just about gave me an ulcer. When it comes to layout design and floating objects, I never could get the proportions right with some of that. My inner perfectionist was in agony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked this chapter too, good info.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it is really cool to know that the things we use on the internet were created by people who learned these types of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember learning about HTML and Java Script too. All those were new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always saw JavaScript on computers but never really understood what it was until this chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really did learn a lot this chapter. I love being able to get educated on things I have seen before but have no understanding of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always wanted to learn how to use Javascript. The only programming language I've dabbled with is C++ when I was in high school, I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also considered this to be new and interesting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was the most interested in JavaScript because I really wanted to learn about website design and I thought that was really interesting.

    ReplyDelete