Sunday, March 6, 2022

Threaded Discussion: Format a Calendar

    What I learned from Chapter 4 was how to format a calendar using Microsoft Word. I was unaware that Word could be used for so many other things other than just writing a paper. There are several different templates that you can use such as a cover letter, resume, brochure, flyer, and even certificates. The calendar was most interesting to me as I like using a physical calendar rather than a digital one. Knowing that I can create my own custom calendar using Word is great. I have been able to utilize this skill outside of IS101 in that I was able to create a calendar for meal plans and for chores around the house. Being able to post a physical calendar in a common room such as the kitchen or living room helps for all to see.

12 comments:

  1. I like to customize my calendar in Microsoft Word instead of another software. Yes, Microsoft Word has all type of pre-made templates for us to customize or use as is. Cosmetic formats aside, calendars have many variations: by year, by month, by week, by day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, had no idea Word featured the ability to create calendars; that seemed like something more suited for Excel.

    I really like the idea of using the calendar for meal plans...I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was really proud of myself after this lesson creating the calendar, it just looked really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get in the habit of using a calendar to begin with, I'm always forgetting things lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was happy when I made my calendar. I always use templates it was fun to create my own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love using calendars/agenda books! They're so useful and let me pretend I have my life together haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tend to just used to the calendar that's on Google for everything. It's way more convenient since I can just look on my phone for it and it gives me notifications.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Learning how to create your own custom calendar is cool. I also like to have physical calendar on one wall in each room. Not so easy to do here, since you have to buy them. I am not sure if they are still doing this, but at the end of the year the grocery stores in Jamaica would give away the new year's calendar for free.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The versatility in Microsoft Word is amazing. I am starting to realize why its worth paying for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a person who likes having agendas when there is consistency throughout my week. But, if I am able to rely more on Word to make my own agenda/calendar it will definitely save me money

    ReplyDelete
  11. Word has so many features. Most of them I am just learning this semester. I haven't really used calendar either, but it's nice to have the knowledge of how to use it when needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also didn't know that Microsoft Word could be used for so many other useful things. I've actually been incorporating what I learned into my work life.

    ReplyDelete